Activities and Social Services
At Windsor, we recognize that each resident is unique and we strive to enrich and enhance every life we touch. By listening to the needs of our residents, and their families, we have created a culture of healing that is life-affirming, satisfying, and meaningful. High-quality programming addresses a vast array of cultures, interests, life experiences and religious practices, and our social activities include richly stimulating activity programs that provide something for everyone.
We offer numerous activities that allow residents to associate with one another and resume many endeavors that they have previously enjoyed. Activities offered may include physical fitness, meditation, table games, trivia program and patio activities. Additionally, we offer:
- Regular trips to local shopping
- Current events discussions
- Special family events
- Worship services
- Non-denominational worship services
- Monthly birthday party
- Coffee talk, trivia, dominoes, etc.
- Onsite movie events
- Visiting volunteers and school groups
- Seasonal and holiday celebrations
- Book discussions
- Sunshine therapy are activities for residents that we hold in our courtyard
- Flutist comes to play instruments for each resident
- We hold a monthly cooking class once a month for residents in the rehab department.
- Every week during the summer we hold outdoor BBQ’s for the residents.
- Once a month we hold a candle light dinner with live entertainment for our residents.
Types of therapy activity offered include:
- Pet therapy
- Wii coordination therapy
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Sunshine therapy
Often times, the transitional period into a skilled nursing facility can be challenging. Our social service team is here to assist families and residents during this time to make the transition as smooth as possible. We provide necessary information, manage requests and concerns and help in planning and discharge planning for each resident. Other services our social service team can help with are:
- Arrange transportation to appointments
- Power of attorney